Explain Kevin's Shows
Simple! - " No Kevin, No Party, Know Kevin, Know Party! "
"Thanks for your interest in learning more about my show! In a nutshell - my show has been designed to offer top-notch music and entertainment for just about any event! Each event is personalized for your needs & I will work right with you and do all I can to make your event a big success! " - Kevin
Scroll down or click on links below for more information.
What does Kevin do?
What events does Kevin do?
What music does Kevin perform?
Can you explain Backing Tracks & One-Man Band?
The benefits of having Kevin for your next event.
Why choose Kevin over a band?
Why choose Kevin over a DJ?
Did you know?
*Your Important Decision*
Music can make or break an event.
Kevin McCarthy has made it his career providing music and entertainment for events with a fun, unique, professional approach to live music.
WHO IS KEVIN?
Kevin is an award-winning, full-time, professional sing, guitar player, and entertainer from Western New York. This has been his career for over 16 years. He has over 30 years experience performing all types of events! Kevin is fully insured and has been a member of the National Association of Mobile Entertainers for the last 10 years. He is one of the most sought after entertainers, not only Western New York but throughout the United Sates, having performed in 7 states since last June. He performed for huge concerts to small parties and just about everything in between. He can make any event a party and has been called the ultimate one-man band!
WHAT DOES KEVIN DO?
Kevin is an experienced and seasoned entertainer with a dynamic show! He plays acoustic guitar, has a pleasant singing voice, and uses backing tracks for a full band sound. He has an extensive catalog of songs, enjoys taking requests, and can make any event a party. One of his biggest assets is his huge variety of songs he can play. He's has a crowd pleasing show that gets everyone involved, requesting songs, singing-along, dancing, and having fun. Most of his backing tracks he has recorded in his studio with some of the top musicians in WNY and are recorded for the live setting. He sounds like a full band because his tracks are recorded by real musicians! He also has a complete, computerized DJ setup as well with a huge song selection for continuous music throughout the entire event.
WHY HIRE KEVIN INSTEAD OF A DJ OR BAND?
The main reasons - Kevin is much less expensive than a party band, has a much bigger selection than most bands (more than 10x the songs), and has full volume control -(full bands often have to be as loud as their drummer so volume control is difficult. When asked to play quieter most bands lose their excitement and energy! ,Plus, Kevin can fit into much small spaces if space in an issue.
The advantage over a DJ is Kevin can provide both LIVE and DJ music! This combination is VERY rare - so it automatically sets your event apart and it gives him a lot of flexibility for all types of situations, events, and crowds. Kevin can easily switch back and forth from performing live to DJing for continuous music for any event. Having live music creates a much more of fun type of party vibe and dancing and Kevin show can elevate any situation and create more excitement with his show and his ability to play a huge variety of songs! Please see below for more information!
WHAT EVENTS DOES KEVIN DO?
You name it and Kevin has probably played it! Kevin plays bars, restaurants, private parties, festivals, country clubs, company events, company parties, company picnics, holiday parties, wedding receptions, wedding ceremonies, rehearsal dinners, birthdays, anniversaries, churches, church events, funerals, beach clubs, colleges, high schools, middle schools, elementary schools, summer picnics, pig roasts, and many more!
WHAT MUSIC DOES KEVIN PERFORM?
HUGE VARIETY! Kevin has over 1000 songs he can perform (& over 10,000 he can DJ in between sets!) Click here for more information on music - Song List
EXPLAIN BACKING TRACKS & EXPLAIN "ONE-MAN BAND"
What sets Kevin apart is that he produces & records his own backing tracks with real musicians - with some of the top players in WNY. There are professional, dynamic players on these tracks - the best the WNY area has to offer! - Including drummers Tom Brown, Kirk Beers, Paul Campanella. Ted Reinhardt, Bassist - Jim Wynn among others! Kevin produces the tracks, records them in his studio, and also performs guitar, keyboards, and some bass on the tracks.
They are recorded with the live performance in mind and many people really like Kevin's "live" versions of the songs. At his show, Kevin plays along with these tracks...close your eyes and its a full band! Most all of Kevin's tracks are his own "live feel" version of the songs he performs. (Did you know? - Most of the top touring international acts actually use some sort of backing track at their concerts depending on many factors - so the use of backing tracks is popular on many levels of live performance).
There are many benefits to using backing tracks. One of the biggest is volume control. With full live bands, drums usually dictate the volume of the bands, since they do not have a volume control button. Playing quieter usually means less energy and a less exciting performance. With Kevin's setup, there is full volume control and this is beneficial for many different events.
Another benefit to using backing tracks is the fact that Kevin can play a much bigger variety of songs than bands. In fact, he can sound like many different bands in one night. Thanks to technology, these days musical taste are more wide-spread & diverse than ever! People have many different genres on their IPODs & computers. Being able to satisfy many different age groups & musical tastes in one show puts Kevin above other live acts.
Many other benefits of using backing tracks are listed below.
Pictures to the Right - Batcave Studio - Kevin's Studio and Office where all the magic happens!
You may be interested to know that "One-Man Band" shows are growing in popularity throughout the country and Kevin takes pride in being a part of that trend!
CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO KEVIN & LEARN MORE ABOUT HIS BACKING TRACKS!
BENEFITS OF CHOOSING KEVIN FOR YOUR EVENT...
1. Experienced Live Entertainer! - Nothing beats live entertainment for an event! With close to 30 years of experience and thousands of professional shows, Kevin is the ideal choice for any event that needs music and entertainment... (plus, a touch of Irish humor & Irish luck thrown in for good measure!)
2. Professional - Kevin is a full-time, professional entertainer (for over 15 years and counting!) and is fully insured. His coverage also covers any venue he performs at (as additional insured)...many entertainers do not have insurance! He is also a member of the National Association of Mobile Entertainers - the largest of it's kind in the USA.
3. Full-Band Sound! - He not only sings and plays guitar but he also uses his state-of-the-art backing tracks on most songs for a full-band sound!
4. Huge Song List! - He draws from his huge collection of popular music he can perform from oldies to current radio hits and many songs in between.
5. Continuous Music! - If needed, Kevin can DJ in between sets with his extensive DJ collection of over 10,000 songs for continuous, non-stop music for your entire event!
6. PA & Lights - Kevin's PA setup utilizes the State-of-the-Art Bose PA system with powered JBL & Yorkville subs and speakers. Wireless mic is also provided if needed for special announcements for your event.
7. BACK-UPS! - Because of Kevin's setup with Boes System & JBLs, he actually runs 2 complete PA systems - so if for the some reason a speaker or amp stops working, Kevin can switch to the other system on the spot. He has back-ups of just about everything with him for those rare times when something breaks or doesn't work etc. Kevin does his very best to be prepared for every event!
Most other bands or DJs do not carry back-ups so if their equipment breaks / or speakers blow - your event / party is over! Kevin makes sure this never becomes an issue.
Deciding on a DJ or a BAND???
KEVIN's SHOW is THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS!
Kevin offers the live performance, interaction, & sound of a band with the flexibility & extensive song list of a DJ!
* Bands are often too loud, take up too much room, cost too much, and have a very limited song list. You'll most likely also need to hire a DJ for in between sets.
* DJ's are dime a dozen and most play the same old over-played songs. Some DJs are obnoxious and think your event is about them! Some DJs won't play what you want because they think they know better!
* Kevin sounds like many different bands in one night because he records his backing music in his studio with all the top bands / musicians in WNY. Close your eyes and it's a full live band! He has full volume control, takes up less space, and can play over 1,000 songs! (most bands have much less than 100 songs!)...he also costs much less than most party / wedding bands.
*Kevin's dynamic show gets everyone involved, singing-along, playing a tamborine, dancing etc. He knows the event is about you not him. He will gladly play some traditional songs, but he also personalizes your tastes so your event is unique!
He can DJ over 10,000 songs!
The live performance, feel, and interaction of a band, with the flexibility, song selection volume control, of a DJ!
WHY CHOOSE KEVIN OVER A BAND?
1. Volume Control - Kevin has complete volume control for the times you need it quieter to the louder rockin' points of the night and everything in between. Bands usually have one volume "LOUD"... Unfortunately live drums don't have a volume nob and depending on the room size, a full live band can be overwhelming for guests, patrons, etc...
With Kevin's PA system and setup, he can can have the full band sound without excessive noise and yet, if called for, because he recorded his tracks with full bands, he can rock like a band when needed!
2. Crowd Fun - Over the years, Kevin has developed a knack for connecting with many different types of audiences. Kevin gets them singing-along, clapping, dancing and having fun...there's nothing he enjoys more than the crowd participating and enjoying themselves!
3. Many Different Bands - When you hire a band, they sound like that specific band all night. Kevin has recorded his tracks with dozens of top musicians from the area and all over the country depending on the song. So you are getting a variety of bands all on the same night!
4. More Diverse & Flexible - Kevin plays a much bigger variety than bands and can adjust his setlist as he sees fit. He can adjust on the fly and has complete control of each song selected that is appropriate for your event, your crowd, for that exact time. Many bands are locked into the same setlist, have much less songs to choose from, and can't easily change their selections once their setlist is set.
5. Professional - While Kevin gets the party going, he takes pride in being professional at all times. No worries of the bands drummer making inappropriate advances with your mother-in-law or the bands bass player getting hammered and making a scene. With Kevin you know you are getting a class act. Kevin's experience allows him to blend in with the many different events he plays for and knows how to get the most of almost any event while always maintaining a pleasant, professional demeanor.
WHY CHOOSE KEVIN OVER A DJ?
1. Live Entertainment - Nothing beats live entertainment for any event. DJs are a dime a dozen and most all rely on the same old "stuff" you hear every DJ play.
2. Crowd Participation - Over the years Kevin, has developed a knack for connecting with many different types of audiences. Kevin gets them singing-along, clapping, dancing and having fun...there's nothing he enjoys more than the crowd participating and enjoying themselves!
3. Personalized Setlists - Kevin will personalize you event to your tastes and your request for your guests. Some DJs won't play what you want! They think they know better... Kevin plays what you want to hear, period. If he has it he will play it, if he doesn't have it, he will do all he can to get it for your party. He will make up his sets based on what you are looking for making every single show different. Kevin uses his experience to decide which songs work when and is always thinking about what is the right song to play at that exact time.
4. Plays Music! - There is nothing worse than an obnoxious DJ who talks too much. Some established DJs forget that the party is not about them, it's for the people they were hired for. Kevin's approach is continuous music, with just enough talking and interaction as needed. People have much more fun with a relaxed party atmosphere compared to someone trying to force the vibe and force the issue.
5. Thoughtful Sets of Music - Playing the right song at the right time is key for any event and that is art form all its own. Kevin works very hard to play the right song at just the time for good flow throughout the night. He draws on his years of experience the pick the right songs, mixing in requests from the organizer and the attendees.
6. Clean Versions - He has clean radio-friendly versions of songs which many DJs don't have or don't worry about. He is prepared if your event has called for that.
DID YOU KNOW?
Kevin is a member of the Buffalo Music Hall Of Fame - Class of 2009. He has played at many of the top events in the northeast, midwest, Florida, & the Bahamas including - Chicago's New Convention Center, Michigan 500, Cleveland Air Show, Cleveland Grand Prix, Opening Day of Detroit's Ford Field in Michigan, Livonia Spree in Michigan, Horseshoe, Saratoga, NY. opened for Dave Mason in Seven Springs, West Virginia, played before many national acts, including Coldplay & Lynard Skynard. Kevin has played throughout Florida and the Bahamas. Kevin has played public and private events for major Buffalo sports teams - Bills, Sabres, & Bisons. and many others! A few years ago Kevin opened for rock legen Rick Springfield at the University at Buffalo's football stadium.